|21 NOVEMBER 2021|
52nd INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF INDIA, GOA
20 – 28 NOVEMBER 2021
“India can captivate the world by narrating India’s story. The story of a rising, powerful, vibrant billion ready to lead the world the Indian way,” the Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurated the 52nd edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) at Goa on 20 November 2021.
The first ever Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award was honoured to acclaimed Hungarian film director Istvan Szabo and American filmmaker-actor Martin Scorsese virtually at the festival.
Martin Scorsese and Istvan Szabo sent their video messages which were played live and hailed Satyajit Ray as a “truly magnificent artist, who has been one of my masters.”
Hema Malini, the renowned actress was awarded the Indian Personality of the Year 2021 in the festival.
· Three hundred films across the world will be presented in hybrid formats and delegates can watch films and other events virtually also.
· IFFI will feature 148 films from 73 countries in the International Section with 12 World Premiers, 7 International Premiers, 26 Asia Premiers and 64 India Premiers in the festival.
· 75 Young Creative minds across the country honoring young film makers will be participating in the festival as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
· ‘The King of all the World’ directed by Carlos Saura will be the Opening Film of the festival. The festival will close with Asghar Farhadi’s film ‘A Hero’ on 28 November 2021.
· Four inspirational films on sports will be screened in the Sports Section this year at IFFI Goa.
IFFI has invited OTT players like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Sony Liv to participate at the festival through exclusive Masterclasses, Content launches and previews and other on-ground and virtual events.
Always connect with us for your queries and travel related informations which may help you to your destination.